Intermittent and catastrophic faults in electronic control systems can now be avoided with Ridgetop Group's SJ BIST™. The SJ BIST (Solder Joint Built-In Self-Test) technology accurately detects and reports instances of high resistance,
including intermittent opens, in field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs)-to-board interfaces. connectors and cables, and other high density electrical interconnection systems. In addition, SJ BIST is used for detecting cracks in IC substrates and IC package
qualification. SJ BIST is part of the Sentinel Interconnect™ family of products.
Cracked Solder Ball
Solder joints and other physical connections are subject to mechanical failure; they inevitably suffer damage from thermal and vibration stresses, causing troublesome
intermittent connections between components on the boards. The ability to measure, detect, and predict solder aging and the resultant failure of electronic modules is a true advancement in electronics reliability.
SJ BIST Features
· Detects damage
prior to catastrophic failure of FPGA-to-board interface
· Independently tested and verified
· Works with new processes and equipment
· Endorsed by leading automotive and aerospace customers
SJ BIST two-port test, 1 MHz clock –
click to enlarge
For more information, contact us directly, or follow the links below.
· SJ BIST™ for Mission-Critical Electronics
· SJ BIST™ – Solder Joint Built-in Self-Test
· SJ BIST™ for Custom Applications
· Sentinel Interconnect™, Diagnostics and Prognostics Tools for Electrical Interconnects
· TSV BIST™, Die-Level Integrity Monitors
· Q-Star Test Products
· Sentinel Suite™, Family of Advanced Diagnostics and Prognostics
· Sentinel Motion™, a product line that includes wireless vibration and motion signature monitoring sensors, prognostic reasoners, and a visualization tool
· Sentinel Power™, a product line for monitoring power systems,
providing diagnostics and prognostics analysis and visualization
· Sentinel Interconnect™, a product line that includes embedded monitors for detecting intermittencies and degradation in crucial system interconnects, and a
· Sentinel IT™, a product line that provides solutions for improving IT network reliability and network health management (NHM).